Friday, January 16, 2009

Top tooth

Baby has her top right front tooth peeking through the gums. Now it makes sense why she was harder to soothe today and sleeping less soundly the last two nights. It is always something, with this little human. Infancy is serious and steady work.

I missed her a lot more this week, and felt less than thrilled about going to my job. Could be partially because I was bummed that one of my favorite clients passed away. That happens often when you work with elders, but I'm not used to it yet. I look at Juniper and I'm reminded of the cycle of life. Birth is the leading cause of death. (I read that quote on my friend's facebook page but I don't know who said it.). I am grateful to be alive and to be witnessing Juniper's rapid growth. She is stronger with her grip and able to reach further when she wants something. She is not yet crawling and we are enjoying her in this stage.

No comments: