Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Daddy took Juni on a walk this morning and instructed me to practice yoga while they were out. I did and it was good and nurturing. I am still healing from a cold, so I took it easy today. We did a lot of chores around the house and our new home is set up really nicely now. We are ready for guests!

Last night she took her first step without holding on to anything. She was in the living room, "furtniture walking" and holding onto the sofa chair, then she turned to move toward the couch across the way and took a step but then lost balance and sat down instead. I got really excited about it and she looked at me wondering what my fuss was about. Then today, twice we saw her standing steady without holding on to anything. She was in her playpen and holding onto a toy with both hands. It was brief and she returned one hand to hold on to the rim of the playpen again. We can see that it might not be long before she walks...

1 comment:

lorigirl said...

That's great, Jen! And happy belated Mother's Day.