Tuesday, August 28, 2007

6 weeks

I've learned that 6 weeks pregnant actually means about 4 weeks after conception. From what I've read so far in the "What to Expect..." book and on websites, you can figure out an approximate due date based on the date of the last menstruation. For us, that means our due date is April 20th, 2008 (4/20/08). I can't imagine a greater high than giving birth to our tiny baby.

We have an appointment with my OB doctor in about a month. When I called the office to schedule, they recommended waiting until I'm 10 weeks along before coming in. I look forward to hearing what the doctor thinks our due date is, and what the approximate date of conception was. I wasn't tracking my ovulation yet because we were only just beginning to try to conceive. I was planning to start checking my daily morning temperatures this month, but then we found out we're already pregnant. I recommend this article to any woman who's thinking of conceiving and wants tips about the fertility awareness method. One thing we did that might have helped was elevate my hips after each love session. Usually I did legs-up-the-wall pose, or just kept my legs lifted in mid-air with a pillow or bolster under my hips for 5 to 15 minutes.

This week I told Bob that our baby is about the size of a BB pellet, and he said "our BB". Next week it will be the size of a small raspberry. So for a few days we referred to the embryo as "BB", and lately Bob has been calling it "little blueberry".

No comments: