Friday, August 31, 2007

Pellegrino and Pretzels

I have morning sickness. For me, I started feeling slightly nauseous the first weekend in August. From then on every day the nausea came on stronger and more often. I read about ways to minimize it: basically, eat or snack often and drink a lot of water, and eat and drink something before even getting out of bed in the morning, or first thing after getting up.

One morning last week I forgot to make eating something a priority as soon as I got up. It was as if I forgot I was pregnant. "I'm okay," I thought. So I showered, got dressed, then suddenly felt nauseous and hungry and so I ate breakfast, and then felt worse, and I ended up losing my breakfast. Ugh! That convinced me if I had any doubt of my pregnancy. Since then, I've been eating first thing in the mornings, and I haven't lost a meal since. But I still feel nauseous most of the day. "I don't like feeling nauseous!" I announced today to my co-worker.

What helps me when a wave of nausea comes on, is salted hard pretzels and sparkling water. I ate so many pretzels yesterday, that they haunted me in my dreams. And I have a history of talking in my sleep, and apparently last night Bob heard me say "Pretzels!" in the middle of sleep. I woke up to him asking me "do you want me to go get you some pretzels?" It was very confusing. What? Why are you waking me up and asking me that? Then I remembered the dream, and I said "no, there's pretzels in my dream."

No comments: