Monday, January 14, 2008

6 months pregnant


We are 6 months pregnant now. Here's a picture that shows my belly (photo by Bob). I've been getting a lot of feedback from people who see me and think I don't look 6 months pregnant. They say I look "tiny" or just a little over weight. However, I saw my midwife today who measured my belly and said I am the perfect size. When I told her that people tell me I look small, she said it is because I have a long torso. She said women with short torsos have the opposite appearance, and those are the women who always get asked if they are having twins when they are not.

So my glucose test came back normal. Yay! However my other lab results show that I am anemic. I have to try taking the iron supplements again. I'd tried taking them a few months ago, but I thought they were affecting my digestion so I stopped taking them. The midwife said to try taking it every other day or every 3rd day.

Bob and I found a doula we like a lot. She is also a yoga teacher, and I've gone to her prenatal yoga class the last 2 weeks. I enjoy her class a lot, and it is good to get to know her better through her teaching, and also to get used to relaxing or moving in response to her voice and instructions.

1 comment:

lorigirl said...

Not exactly sure what you're supposed to look like at 6 months, but from this photo you look a lot bigger than you did when Jesse and I saw you last month. I would say that back then you didn't look five months pregnant.