Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

My family is in town for a baby shower this weekend. Last night Bob and I shared a special Valentine's Day dinner with my brother Jason and his wife Lee Ann. We went to a hip new restaurant on Valencia Street called Spork. (Thanks to Gimme for the recommendation!) This new restaurant is in the same place where there used to be a KFC fast food restaurant. I learned that KFC introduced the spork utensil in the 1960's, and that is what inspired the new restaurant's name and theme. The food was pretty good, and the atmosphere of Spork was unique. Best of all was the company. It was great to celebrate Valentine's Day with loved ones. I'm glad we took advantage and went out for the night, because my future Valentine's Days will most likely be spent with a baby, or with thoughts of "I wonder if the kid is okay...". However, the little girl in my belly was very active all through dinner, so she made sure I remembered that she was with us. Bob was able to feel her kicking, too. For dinner I ate filet mignon! It wasn't bad. The brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes were good, and I loved the butter lettuce salad. Our waiter gave us a little Scooby-Doo valentine card with the check, as well as M&Ms and heart candies.

No comments: