Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Museum

Bob and I went to the SF MOMA on Saturday, and enjoyed an installation called "Take your time" by Olafur Eliasson. They were interactive pieces, and we went because a couple from our Hypnobirthing class recommended it. One piece had you stand about 6 inches close to a large screen and stare at it while it changed colors from white to yellow, green, violet, blue and red. It was intense how the color felt as if it was surrounding me, and my favorite color was the sky blue/violet, which reminded me of the sky and made me feel like I was flying. It felt empowering. The exhibit will continue to be at the museum through February 24th, so check it out if you have a chance. The couple in our class recommended it because one of the guided visualizations that we learned in class involved going through the colors of the rainbow one by one and being immersed in the colors.

I've been reading a book called Breastfeeding Made Simple, and I've watched some breastfeeding videos online to get me ready for when the baby is born. Although breastfeeding is natural, it is also a learned skill rather than purely instinctual for the mother.

No comments: