Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tiny Tots Diaper Service

Yesterday (Saturday) Bob and I took a road trip down to Campbell, CA. It is a little over an hour drive. We went to a free diapering class taught at Tiny Tots Baby Boutique. We signed up for Tiny Tots diaper service. They deliver clean cotton diapers to your door once a week, and take away the dirty ones for cleaning. The class was great! Bob and I both practiced several times diapering a teddy bear. We learned about many different options for diaper covers, and the different diaper hampers to choose from. We decided on the Bummis Super Whisper White diaper cover (see picture). We picked the standard Flip-top hamper (picture). Along with the free class, they gave us free gifts: a cloth diaper, a Snappi Diaper Clip, a ProRap Classic diaper cover, and then we got to pick a door prize. We picked a pink changing pad called The Clean Changer TM. Free gifts! I love it.

I'm really glad we made the trip down there. It was better for me to see the options in person, and to talk to the experienced cloth diaper enthusiasts for tips on what worked for them. Bob and I are totally clear now on how cloth diapering works. Bring on the poop!

After the class we ate brunch at Stacks' Restaurant on Campbell Avenue. There was an Easter Parade going down the street where we were seated outside, so we got to see tons of people with bunny ears on their heads. A few people in full bunny costume were in the parade, as well as many cars decorated for Easter. It was a nice day in Campbell.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Okay i've got some dumb questions for you about the diaper service. My husband and I are expecting twins. Our first, so we are petrified. I thought we would look into cloth diapers and came across Tiny Tots diaper service. when I talked with my husband, he immediately said no because he didn't want our babies using diapers that are used by other babies. I guess my questions are how clean are the clean diapers? Do they have stains on them? Do they smell like bleach or cleaner? are they in good quality? What do you have to do to the diapers after you use them? just rinse them off?
any advise would be great. This service sounds ideal, i'm trying to talk my husband into it.

Thanks for any advice!

jenfaith said...

The diapers are clean and they do not smell like bleach. They use some non-bleach cleaner. I called them once to ask about it because I didn't want bleach used, and I was satisfied after talking to them. There are no stains on the diapers. If you live close enough, I recommend going to their free diaper class. We went to it, and there was a woman there in the class who was pregnant with twins.

You don't have to rinse the diapers off, you just put them in a bag, soiled and as is (full of poo and all), and tiny tots takes them away. We have the standard hampers. The least expensive ones, I think they are $20 each and they are big. Not sealed but the lid closes well enough to keep odors at bay.

My husband told me to add that he had the same concerns as your husband and he is happy with the service.

Best wishes!