Thursday, January 19, 2012

39 weeks pregnant

I'm 39 weeks pregnant with baby boy, "Joey". I went to OB/GYN today and was told my cervix is dilated 1 cm and 80% effaced. Which could mean nothing, or could mean I will go into labor any day now. I have my first NST (non-stress test) scheduled for next week. That is where they look at the baby's heart rate in relation to his movements, and they measure the amniotic fluid level. If I make it to 41 weeks still pregnant, I will be induced. I will be 41 weeks on February 2nd. I have some friends hoping I will go into labor soon--like Monday or Tuesday. But I will be very surprised if labor starts in the next week because Juniper was induced at 9 days late and I don't FEEL any signs that it will be happening soon. Though I have been more emotional the last few days. My OB midwife said that could be a sign. We'll see! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: