Friday, August 22, 2008

More about our new stroller

It is a Phil & Ted's Sport. Bob's highschool friend, Tanya, first recommended the Phil & Ted's strollers to us when she visited last fall and we saw what a nice ride it was for her kids. Last weekend we went to a free car seat and stroller education class at Lullaby Lane in San Bruno. They offer the class one Saturday morning every month, and I highly recommend it to new and expecting parents. It was great! We had all of our questions answered, and Bob and I agreed on two strollers that we'd like to get: 1.) the Phil & Ted's Sport stroller for long walks in our neighborhood and off-roading in the park, and 2.) a MacLaren Quest umbrella stroller for a lightweight and more portable option for public transit trips. Well, I've been looking on Craigslist for used strollers, and boy do they get snatched up quickly! I saw 2 Phil & Ted's strollers that I wanted, but they were already sold by the time I emailed the owners. Plus, the prices are not that much cheaper than buying it new because the Phil & Ted's hold their resale value really well. They are well-made and last. So today I got impatient and I wanted it NOW and Bob appeased me. We drove down to San Bruno and while we were at Lullaby Lane the awesome salesman inspected and adjusted our newly installed car seat, since he is a car seat technician and I was asking him questions about the tether. (We recently switched Juni to a convertible car seat and have a rear-facing Britax Roundabout. She likes it SO much better than the infant carrier car seat. She has more elbow room.) We got our new stroller home, Bob assembled the wheels and the canopy and he put air in the tires. Then the 3 of us went on our walk. It handles really well. We are happy with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool stroller! we'd wanted to check those out but they don't retail in germany. bummer. I've heard they're great. Juni is gorgeous, it's amazing how much she's grown! good idea to try soothing back to sleep in the night rather than feeding... will have to try that with Wendy once this spurt passes... kisses!