Friday, August 22, 2008

Sleep update

We returned to swaddling this week, and are using the Ultimate Recieving Blanket by Swaddle Designs. This blanket is big enough and warm enough to wrap her in, yet she can pretty easily wiggle her arms out when she wakes up. I feel better knowing that she can "break free" if she wants to. Yet having her arms tucked in at first helps her stay asleep when we place her down and while she is still in light stages of sleep. Anyway, even though we are swaddling her I'm not sure that she is sleeping any better as a result. But Bob pointed out that I was making too many changes at once and so we took one step back. We continue to sleep with the white noise on (radio static). We went without it for a short time about a month or two ago, but then started keeping it on all night again. It helps to block out other noise in the apartment or on the street. I have decreased the number of feedings during the night, and I noticed a great improvement with her interest in eating during the day. I am relieved about that, because she wasn't eating well last week and now I realize that it was because I was feeding her 24/7 and so she wasn't feeling hungry enough.

No comments: