Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF

After an easy day on Wednesday, it was more challenging to soothe Juni on Thursday and Friday. On both days she was more awake in the early part of the day, but then seemed to be over-tired in the late afternoon. It took a longer time to fall asleep and then she didn't stay asleep as long. So she was taking only short naps until her bedtime, which is 8 or 8:30. It is interesting to me that her daytime schedule changes. Luckily, her night time schedule has been pretty consistent. She is sleeping soundly now at this moment, and I plan to follow her lead and go to bed myself soon. I'm tired!

Another thing to note is that Juni and I went to a Mom and Baby Support Group today for the first time. There were 7 other new moms and babies there. It was nice to be with others going through a similar transition. Juniper was quiet during the group--she ate and had a mini-nap and then was happily awake for a while. However after the group meeting while I was chatting with some other new moms, she became upset and I was unable to soothe her in my arms and she didn't want to eat. So I took her for a walk in the sling and she quickly quieted once I was walking.

I'm glad it is Friday because Bob will be home for the weekend. It is nice to all be together as a family, and it is nice to have Bob around who can play with Juni while I rest or do chores.

1 comment:

lorigirl said...

I read somewhere that after your first "long" trip out by yourself with a newborn is the hardest, but after that you can conquer the world. Maybe not for word for word, but it something like that. I'm glad to see you are getting out and about with Juni, giving her new outside stimuli. :-)