Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday

Look at this little sweetheart! These two pictures look like she's dancing if you look at them back and forth quickly. That was Juniper this afternoon having some play time.




This morning Juniper had a nice bath and then I put her in the co-sleeper to take a picture of her in this giraffe shirt, and I caught her yawning. That was my clue to help her get to sleep, and so I swaddled her and held her while bouncing/walking.

She then was able to sleep alone in the co-sleeper for about 45 minutes.



And in this last picture, you can see on the floor our Baby Bjorn carrier. So far, Juni doesn't like to be in it. She seemed to be in a good mood today, and so I tried wearing her in the Bjorn around the house. If it went well I was going to go on a walk outside, but she cried pretty much the whole time, even with the white noise on. So I took her out of it and then rocked her in my arms and she fell into a deep sleep.

I'm getting better at noticing the clues she gives us when she's tired. Since I've noticed that she likes to be asleep by 8:30 pm every night, I started creating a calm and comforting situation for her at 7:45 tonight. She was more peaceful in her transition toward sleep. It really is a wonderful feeling to see this tiny beauty sleeping peacefully.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a happy dancing Juni. Keep on rockin'!
Love, Grandmom

lorigirl said...

She's getting cuter by the day!! Good job with the genes, Bob and Jen!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture, looks like Juni is doing the Cupid Shuffle.! It's good to have happy feet.!

Love, Aunt Jackie

lorigirl said...

P.S. I really like the second photo, which is slightly blurry. She reminds me of Snoopy when he is dancing or a Peanut character. :-)

jenfaith said...

Hey Lori,
I see what you mean about Snoopy. So cute!