Monday, April 28, 2008

9 pm Monday... feeling contractions!!!

I'm typing in between contractions. Julie midwife put in the foley bulb at 8 pm. She checked my cervix and said it was 75% effaced which is thin and good, it was 2 cm dilated and moderate to soft consistency, and tilted way forward (anterior) which is good. When she inflated the foley bulb I started to feel sensations in my lower abdomen. At first it just felt like I had to pee really badly, but I'd just emptied my bladder 5 minutes earlier. Then the sensations started to feel like menstral cramps. I got very uncomfortable suddenly, and the midwife pointed out that she could see from the monitor that I was having a contraction. So the foley bulb changed my labor in that now I'm feeling the contractions. Hopefully that means the contractions are also more effective.

Now contractions are 2 to 3 min apart and lasting 30 to 60 seconds. I sat up for a bit and now I'm laying on my side with Bob behind me.

No comments: