Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Monday night/Tuesday morning 4/29/08

Shortly after I posted the last blog, I lost my dinner. I vomited and then went to the bathroom and gave birth to the foley ball. That was probably at about 9:15 pm. The foley ball is a small balloon, filled with 40 mL of water, with a diameter the size of a half dollar coin. So that means that my cervix dilated to 3 or 4 cm, though I haven't been checked again. I felt a lot of relief when the water balloon fell out. The surges (contractions) stopped being so intense instantly. It was like a mini-birth and it gave me an idea of what is in my near future.

Ever since then the surges have been very tolerable or hardly noticeable to me. Just like mild to moderate menstrual cramps. I've been staying relaxed, mostly laying down and sometimes standing and moving my hips around to make my sacrum feel better (it is a little achy) and also to encourage the baby to drop further down the path. Currently I'm sitting on the birth ball (yoga ball) and eating a meal we brought from Cafe Gratitude called "I am Accepting". It is 3:10 am. Bob is sleeping. I slept a little bit off and on from midnight to 2 am. They've increased the Pitocin twice in the last 2 hours. Before that it hadn't been increased since 7 pm or so. The contractions are frequent enough (2 to 3 minutes apart). I'm just lucky enough at this point to handle them easily.

4 comments:

lorigirl said...

Good morning, Jen. I hope today is going smoothly for you and baby. Lots of love being sent your way from my work desk in Berkeley.

Kristin said...

Jen, I'm glad the pain is tolerable. You can do it!

You, Bob, and Juni are in my thoughts! Love, K

Anonymous said...

on the edge of my seat for the next update! Deirdre

lorigirl said...

It's been awhile since the last update... I am keeping my fingers crossed that that is a great sign and a new little girl is entering the world.