Thursday, April 24, 2008

Swings

I got some advice today from our post-partum doula and childbirth education class teacher. She suggested I try swinging on a swing to bring on labor. So I went to the playground in Golden Gate Park this afternoon and was swinging for 30 minutes. It was fun. I saw a lot of little kids. And at one point, another pregnant woman joined in on the swing next to me. She was 7 months pregnant so she wasn't swinging for the same reason I was.

This morning I cleaned the kitchen and swept and mopped the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. I've heard that cleaning like that can help prepare the body for labor. I put some cards and sonogram photos in a scrapbook that I've started for the baby. My list of things-to-do before the birth is getting very short. I'm almost ready.

Tonight I pressed on a sequence of acupressure points for an hour and a half. Then I watched a new episode of "Grey's Anatomy". Although my guess for the birthday was incorrect (it was today), being able to watch one of my favorite shows tonight was my consolation prize.

I've been singing a song to the baby that I wrote the other day. The lyrics are: "Juni, Juni, come out to play. Juni, Juni, how 'bout today!?"

Here's hoping that labor will start tomorrow or Saturday. We'll see...

1 comment:

lorigirl said...

Okay, my new prediction is early Sunday morning.